email@example.com Fax: 412-246-1670 Posting Date: 12/5/2018 Deadline Date: 12/20/2017
Immediate need for full time Custodian at our Liberty Avenue location. We are looking for a responsible custodian to maintain and upkeep our Liberty Avenue and other facilities as needed. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects a dignified and positive atmosphere for our residents. It is important for a custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as reporting any maintenance or safety issues. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have good physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative.
- Ensure spaces are prepared by taking out the trash, tidying furniture and dusting/cleaning surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap and paper products
- Maintain outer premises by sweeping, cleaning entrances and general upkeep
- Monitor and report and damage to buildings
- Undertake custodial and janitorial tasks using step ladders and lifting 60lbs (shoveling and salting snow, moving chairs/beds etc
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Must possess the ability to express sensitivity to CHS residents while maintaining personal boundaries
- Knowledge and use of maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Attention to detail and strong independent work ethic
- Valid PA driver’s license, ability to pass agency driving record check and drive agency vehicles.
- Very good physical condition and strength