If you are homeless or about to become homeless and are looking for help, please call the Allegheny Link at 866-730-2368 as your first step to get help. We are unable to directly assist with homeless and utility services unless a referral comes to us directly from the Allegheny Link.
For referrals to our In-Home Services, Family Foundations Early Head Start, Clinical Mental Health Services, and Oakland Residential Programs, please contact our Intake Department main line at 412-246-1640 to schedule an Intake. Due to the high call volume we receive, if you do not speak directly with someone please leave a message with your name and best way to reach you and we will return your phone call as soon as we can.
If email is your best way to communicate with us, email your information to us at [email protected].
Intake appointments are held at our main office, 2525 Liberty Avenue in the Strip District, unless otherwise scheduled and confirmed with you.
If you are scheduled for an Intake appointment, please bring the following documentation so we can best assist you as quickly as possible:
- Photo ID’s for all adults living in your household
- Social Security cards for all adults AND children living in your household
- Birth certificates for all children living in your household
- Proof of income including any of the following: pay stubs dated within the last 30 days of your Intake, SSI or SSDI statement letters for any household members, child support statement letters, proof of Department of Public Welfare (DPW) benefits (including TANF or Food Stamps)
- Housing or utility information including any of the following: eviction notice, letter from landlord with eviction date, letter from another agency on letterhead stating that you are living in a shelter or in transitional housing, utility company shut-off notices, a copy of your lease
Not all of our services require a referral. The Food Pantry is a walk-in service that can be accessed once per month and only requires documentation upon your first visit. Project Silk is always open for everybody, and does not have a formal registration process.