Housing Assistance Programs
Assist individuals and families in a housing crisis obtain and remain in housing. In addition, CHS assists individuals and families in the community stabilize their housing and prevent them from becoming homeless. Please click here for more information on how to apply for help.
To assist everyone that approaches CHS for housing assistance, whether directly with one or more of the CHS programs or indirectly with referrals to agencies who will be able to provide the assistance needed.
To treat everyone who interacts with us with respect and dignity.
To process your request for assistance within 10 business days upon receiving your application.
Who We Serve:
Anyone over the age of 18 in Allegheny County who is either precariously housed or has lost their housing and needs to obtain new permanent housing.
CHS is a leader when it comes to addressing homelessness in Allegheny County. CHS approaches complex housing issues from all sides: comprehensive intake assessments help the program determine what the households need and what can CHS do to address the needs and goals of those who are experiencing housing challenges.
Some fast facts about HAP from their work in 2018:
- Partnerships with over 200 landlords
- 659 children stayed off street
- 670 households received help in obtaining or maintaining stable housing
- 498 people avoided being evicted
- 93% remained in the same housing unit after program exit
- <1% re-entered the homeless system after leaving the program exit
- 34 days average time from entering our housing programs to signing a lease
CHS Housing Assistance Programs
2525 Liberty Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222