Outreach Nurse Case Manager-Part Time
The Outreach Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care and administrative case management (referrals) for participants in CHS program who have experienced unstable housing. These services specifically target teens and young adults at Project SILK and adult at the Wood Street Commons medical clinic, funded via Health Care for the Homeless. This work includes the activities outlined in the Health Care for the Homeless work plan. The Outreach Nurse may also play a support role for consultation and observation of staff in other CHS programs, including the In-Home Services program.
Youth Programs (Project SILK)/Wood Street Commons Medical Clinic:
Organize and implement health care for the homeless and sheltered population at one community clinic site. Coordinate health screens. Maintain accurate records and prepare appropriate paperwork for our funding source. This includes utilizing the computers consistently to data enter in to the Health Care for the Homeless electronic medical record (EMR), Centricity. Make referrals as appropriate for clients. Provide outreach, consultation and education to Youth Programs and Wood St Commons sites. Administrative case management. Participate in planning meetings and in-servicing as applicable/scheduled. Perform other duties as assigned.
Provides services to walk-in clients including consultation, screenings and basic checks. Makes referrals. Administration of injectable medications. Supports/guides nursing and other interns. Assists staff with medication records system. Participates in planning/staff meetings. Assist with aspects of employee health/wellness including vaccinations, when available, and TB testing.
1. RN with minimum 5 years’ experience with homeless/underserved population.
2. Current Commonwealth of PA, State Board of Nursing, RN licensing.
3. Working knowledge of confidentiality, HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
4. Strong organizational skills.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Working knowledge of the social service system and referral processes.
7. Willingness to work collaboratively within a team approach.
8. The ability to travel independently with valid driver’s licensing.